Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Kickstarter Anonymous

Hello, my name is Jeremy, and I have a problem.

On May 4th, 2012 I discovered a website called Kickstarter.com for the first time. I don't recall exactly what lead me there, it was either my brother-in-law +Dan Van Der Werf or the guys over at Penny Arcade, but the end result was the same; I got hooked.

The first project I backed was Zombicide, for $140... and then Serpent's Tongue for $175, and then it just kept going.  By the end of 2012, I had Kickstarted 21 projects and invested over $1,300.

Lis and I have decided that my addiction to helping people realize their dreams (and my addiction to acquisition of shiny fun things) must be quelled.  So, I've began pressing the "Watch" button instead of the "Pledge" button.

This worked for the first few projects, but my brain is beginning to realize that "Watch" does not result in people getting their projects off the ground, nor will it continue to stock my shelves with awesome.

This is where you come in; I've built a rudimentary Kickstarter Wish List, accessible on the right-hand menu, that you can help fuel my horrible, horrible addiction and keep Lis and I out of the poor house!

You could also use that page as a guide to TOTALLY AWESOME PROJECTS YOU SHOULD TOTALLY BACK, but isn't it more fun to watch someone struggle futilely against an addiction?

No comments: